Saturday, April 26, 2014

Quick Update

I just wanted to write a quick update on what has been happening lately. Nothing too exciting, but I feel like I should take a minute and write down what has gone on the last couple of weeks.


We have a big list of things that we need to do, and figure out before Brenna gets here. We have been working pretty hard, and trying to get as much done as possible-it is hard to find time, especially between work, and Tyler starting a new semester of school. We have gotten quite a bit accomplished, but we still have work to do!


We have been able to spend some time with our families lately, which has been so nice! It was so fun to see everyone Easter weekend, and catch up with them! We are so lucky we have such good family, so close to us! That is a HUGE blessing! They are so good to us!


My awesome Mother-In-Law Christine, and her sisters, put together a shower for Brenna and I. It was such a fun time! They are all so sweet, and definitely SPOILED Brenna! She got so many cute things! Thank you again, for a great time!


We got Brenna's quilt back from the quilter! It looks soooo good! She embroidered her name on the top of it, and also put "Believe In Miracles" on the bottom! All that we have left to finish on it is the binding, then we can finish the nursery!! I just can't believe it!


Time is such a weird thing. It seems as though the days drag on, but the weeks fly by! We are starting to get really anxious, as we getting down to the wire. It is hard to believe that we are so close to meeting our baby! It seems like just yesterday, we found out we were expecting!


My belly is getting bigger, and bigger everyday. It's hard to sleep, and I am uncomfortable almost all the time. My feet are swollen, my wedding ring doesn't fit, and my back aches almost constantly--But, I would do it all over again, because I know it will be worth it. Bringing Brenna into this world will undoubtedly be one of the most incredible, sacred, and happy times we will have in this life. There are no words to say how much we already love her, and I know that love will be multiplied by a million when we see her and hold her for the first time!


Reality is starting to set in that we are only a few weeks away from a very new, and semi-frightening journey. My anxiety has definitely kicked in, and I have been having some really rough days. I know that we are facing this for a reason, and that we are being tested and tried. All the bad thoughts I have been having aren't from my Heavenly Father. He isn't giving us this test to set us up for failure. He is giving us this test to become more like him. I know he wants us to be happy, and that he has been helping us the whole time. He is guiding us and directing us down the path, and in the darkest times he provides a loving light that gives us hope! I am beyond grateful that I can talk to him, pour out my heart and soul, share my worries, my defeats, and my accomplishments with someone who understands everything. Without Him, we could not face this.


Just a reminder, that we will be holding a fast for Brenna this coming fast Sunday (May 4th). We would love for all of you to participate if you are able. We know many great blessings have come and will continue to come through fasting and prayers. We also know that there is strength in numbers. We want to do everything we can to help Brenna, and I know that the prayers said in her behalf have already made a difference. Please, please, please, continue to pray for our family--especially Brenna. We are ready to meet her, and to help her in any way we can. We will do anything we have to, to get her healthy and home. Thank You to all of you, who have been so generous, and willing to help us. We love you all so much!


-McKensie

No comments:

Post a Comment