Wednesday, March 19, 2014

SO MUCH Love & Service!

Oy. I don't even know where to start. I don't think I have ever cried so many good tears in my life. Tyler and I have been so overwhelmed by the love and support that we have been shown the last few weeks. We are so grateful for each and every one of you, and your generous acts in our behalf.

The thing that we have come to realize, and learn, (this last week especially) is that our Heavenly Father is looking out for us, even when we don't realize it. He has a plan for each and every one of us, and has given us amazing people to help us along our way.

Tyler and I have been struggling lately, mostly because of financial reasons. We have been stressing about hospital bills, and worrying about how we are going to be able to be able to pay for Brenna's other bills (she does not have insurance as of right now...long story--Tyler and I are both covered on our parents insurance until we are 26. We can get insurance through work, but it doesn't make sense to pay over $500 extra a month when we are both already covered, and pretty healthy.). The bills have already started flowing, and have been quite the eyeopener, considering we did not think we would be in this situation. (I know, I shouldn't worry about the bills--all that really matters is for Brenna to get here, safely, and as healthy as possible- we will pay any price we have to, to have her in our family, but it is always somewhere in the back of my mind.) We decided, that selling the bracelets would be a good opportunity for us to come together as a family to support each other--and Brenna, and be able to save up a little bit of extra money to help with the incoming bills. We ordered 200 bracelets, thinking that would be more than enough--but boy were we wrong! We had so many people contact us, and we sold all 200 bracelets, in just a couple of hours! We placed another bracelet order, because there are still so many people who want them!

There are no words to describe my feelings, toward all of you, who have contributed to our cause- many of you we know personally, but also those who we do not know. Over the last few days, we have received many anonymous donations, and contributions in our behalf. It is truly amazing to see and feel the love and concern of so many wonderful people. I wish I knew who you were, so I could thank you! It is overwhelming to think that there are so many good people, who want to help us, and are willing to do so.

We have never experienced anything like this, it is all new to us. I can't even to begin to describe the feelings we have felt being on the receiving end of so many wonderful and generous acts of kindness. You have all been an answer to our prayers. We have been so blessed, and we know there are many more blessings coming to us, and to each of you because of your willingness to help us in our time of need.

I have made a promise to myself, that I would try to be better in helping those around me. I want to give service to those in need, be a friend to those who need a friend, and be a listening ear to those who are facing hardships. I want to be a person that others can rely on. I may not be able to do much right now, but, I know that in the future, I am going to reach out and help others in any way that I can.

Heavenly Father has put us in this situation, knowing our full potential, and has placed angels along the way to help us. I have been inspired by so many of you and hope that I will be able to help and inspire others along the way. I want to be an influence for good, and return the favors that we have so generously been given.

One of our many callings in life, is to reach out to those around us, love them as the Savior would love them, and do everything we can to serve them. It really is a simple task--the Savior does not ask much of us. If we all try a little harder, we can do amazing and marvelous works. I have seen it, and have felt the spirit testify of the sweetness and miracles that occur because of service. I am working on being better, and will take advantage of any opportunity I can, to serve others to the best of my ability.

Once again, THANK YOU all, for your love, support, concern, and the examples that you have set for us. We can't possibly imagine facing this trial without so many wonderful people behind us, to help us, and strengthen us. We love you all--

"We are Children, holding hands around the world; like an army with the gospel flag unfurled. We are led by His light, and we love truth and right; WE are BUILDING the Kingdom of God."
-Holding Hands Around the World  (LDS Children's Songbook)

-McKensie





2 comments:

  1. There are so many good people in this world, I am thankful for the reminder that there is still good in this big, bad world we live in...:) I too am so thankful for the love, concern, and kindness our family has been shown! I love you Kensie, Tyler, and Baby Brenna! We can do hard things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Kensie and Tyler! ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete